.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Thursday, January 26, 2006

My first attempt at colour


Drawing 2 Posted by Picasa

Until now I have drawn using either charcoal pencil or pastel pencil. This time I decided to push myself a little more and to try and add colour. Since it was something new I spent the first few minutes of this 10 minute sketch trying to convince myself to actually try it!

I was almost paralysed but eventually started using the pastel pencil alone, then selected a dark, a medium and a light. I began to add some dark areas, blocked in some medium areas and then the light areas and finally started to blend on the left forearm.

It didn't hurt, I didn't stop breathing or hyperventilate!!! It was okay. I could do it. Isn't it dreadful what the emotion of fear can do to us? I am so glad that I pushed through this barrier and see below for what I can do now!

1 Comments:

  • You can't tell from this lovely sketch how terrified you were before starting it. If your sketches are this good now I can't imagine what they will be like after a bit of practice and confidence. Well done!

    By Blogger Digitalgran, at 11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home