.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Saved


"Saved" - almost finished Posted by Hello

Here the piece is almost finished. I left spaces of light to show through from the background. After living with it for a while, and talking to some trusted friends, I painted in some more darks as the overall tone is too 'mid tone' with enough light spots. I haven't taken a photo since adding those darker bits as it had to be rushed to be hung in the show. I made it about 5 minutes before the Judge arrived!

I have learnt an enormous amount from this exercise. I am very excited about starting a new piece but cannot yet. I have a tryptich of quilts to be quilted first. That will be my Easter project - hopefully to finish that project.

2 Comments:

  • I like it. A tad dark but it *feel* like walking thru the forest. The moss is very effective!!

    teri

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 am  

  • I like this piece. It's one of those that just completely bypassed my brain (that's a good thing) and made it's way straight into my soul.

    By Blogger Debra, at 10:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home