.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Monday, May 16, 2005

I' ve Got Babies!!


Babies!! Posted by Hello

I'ved always wanted a cottage garden - meaning that I wanted to grow a variety of shrubs, perrenials, bulbs, herbs and annuals all at one time in one garden. Another requirement was that the plants needed to self seed as much as possible. Well it has finally happened and I have baby basil plants. It is so exciting. Maybe it was the rain and the seeds were just waiting to germinate with the elixir of rain water? Whatever the reason it is great.

I've been planting lots of murrayas this afternoon to have a hedge, curry plant, sage, catnip, daisies, aspidistra and lavender. Hopefully there won't be any early frosts and they will all be able to establish well in the next few weeks.

1 Comments:

  • Isn't that just the best feeling? I've been working on my cottage garden for 3 years now and I still get a major charge out of seeing my plants pop up out of the ground in the spring. Congratulations on your babies!

    By Blogger Nikki, at 11:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home