.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Sunday, November 06, 2005

This slow piece


It's coming... Posted by Picasa

It is coming along, but very slowly. Lately my life has been consumed by my university study - World History and I am slowly finding some motivation and energy for art now that the exam is over and there is nothing more that I can do toward my results. This piece has been on the wall for aobut 2 ½ months with little happening and there are two reasons for this. One is, of course, the uni excuse and the other is that I just haven't known where to go next with it. The idea of taking a scissors to it has been popping into my mind every so often in the past few weeks and today I did it. These two photos are the bottom end of the piece. How the rest will end up is anyone's guess but I shall wait and see where it guides me. Trimming the edges gives the piece some definition that I like. Stay tuned...

I now have 4 months away from study and that means time I can devote to art (apart from work, Christmas season, being a taxi driver for my busy boys, being a wife, etc, etc - I am sure that many of you know the story). But, at least I am not a student for four months. I hope that time time will be a period of growth in my art life and filled with experiment and challenges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home