.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Small works

Here are some small works that I have been playing with while taking a break from the dust storm piece. They include some collage, machine embroidery and tyvek which is a new experience for me. Lots more of these are on the way - I have so many ideas for them and so little time.

Only 8 more days of work and I am on holidays for several weeks. During the holiday I am going to a McGregor Summer School and will be doing this class. My son will be doing this class. This will be my first McGregor school and I am really looking forward to it. The tutor Carol Wilkes is a well known mixed media/textile artist in Australia and here is a sample of some more of her work. Just imagine - 10 whole days of art - from 9.00 - 4.30 every day and concerts and even life drawing classes at night.

My attendance at this Summer School has been helped by a grant that I received from the Regional Arts Development Fund and Bungil Shire Council and a prize I won earlier this year for this piece of artwork. I have also recently sold two pieces of work which are my first art sales. It's a good feeling and one I plan to continue experiencing.


Framed work 2 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home