.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Experimentation and Preliminary Sketch


Swamp sketch Posted by Picasa

I haven't been in a very creative mood for the past week or so. I've had a lot to think about and work over in my mind but I have not been able to do anything with the thoughts. Today I have managed to begin a sketch that will lead to my next piece. This will be the third major piece on the go at the moment - I am switching between them as the mood and inspiration takes me. I'm not entirely happy with this sketch but it is a good beginning. I rarely attempt landscapes because I find them quite difficult and see many other drawings and paintings that are SO good. I drew this with 2B, 4B, 6B and 8B pencils and for the first time ever I used a blender. What a tool that is. Will definitely try it again. I love the effect.

Earlier today I experimented with some blues to use on the above piece. I tried mixing colours, changing tones and using different brush strokes, and as many options as I could think of. And, I am pleased to have found that I have the right colours to use.






I will continue on this journey tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  • I love the sketch!! It certainly sets a scene.

    By Blogger Sophie, at 9:20 pm  

  • HOW WONDERFUL!!! The entire piece has a sense of water and movement ... great MOOD!

    By Blogger Lin, at 10:44 pm  

  • I'm intrigued by your colors! Can't wait to see the final stages of this landscape painting; I think it will be wonderful.

    By Blogger Linda, at 7:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home