.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Friday, April 22, 2005

Another piece added


Step 3 - adding a further piece of fabric Posted by Hello

I then pieced the larger of the two fabrics to the creation as well. The colours work well together but after this there was the challenge of how to quilt it. I didn't have to think about it for some time as I had an assignment due for my Uni studies and that cut into my quilting time.

I've now begun the quilting and will have some close up pics here as soon as I take the photos. The quilt will be very heavily quilted with a variety of stitches and threads. You can see that there is an interesting bit of pink/apricot in the tie dyed fabric and I will be carrying that colour as well as the other colours over into the other part of the quilt.

All of this is, of course, filling in a lot of time while I procrastinate over how to finish the major project that I have been working on for the last few months. Procrastination is an interesting thing - is it because I am fearful of messing it up or because I am not sure where to go next?

1 Comments:

  • I have a planned dyeing session in June for an art retreat...I can't wait! and I understand about waiting on a piece for fear of messing it up...been there, done that.

    Can't wait to see this overall piece you have going with the dyed fabrics...have fun!

    By Blogger Karoda, at 10:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home