.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Saturday, July 16, 2005

A Big Wave Came...1


A Big Wave Came 1 Posted by Picasa

Here is the first of the tryptich about the Asian Tsunami that took place on Boxing Day 2004. These three quilts needed to be made to help me to deal with the horror of the tsunami and its effect not only on Asia but on the whole world. I have explored my own reaction to the event and also some of the responses in some countries. This the first of the three - showing a tropical paradise where people go to 'get away from it all', relax and soak up the sun, surf and sand. The ocean is peaceful and the sound of the waves lulls holidayers into a relaxed mood to enjoy the gentle waves and breezes.

I have used a variety of techniques including lino cuts, layering, applique of freeform cut fabrics and images and very heavy and detailed machine quilting and machine embroidery. I'll be very interested to read any comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home