.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Detail of new work


Detail Posted by Picasa

This is a tiny piece of my next work. I've actually been working on this for all of this year, but for various reasons including procrastination, fear, loss of confidence periodically and being busy as a student, full time employee, wife, mother and other things, it hasn't yet been finished.

As I said yesterday, I am determined to have these quilts finished by July 22 to show in an exhibition that will be held at Mitchell approximately 1 hour west of here. This annual exhibition has a section for mixed media and that includes textile art and silk painting etc, so I thought... why not? And it has given me reason to commit to finishing.

Techniques used in these quilts include freehand cutting and layering, free motion machine embroidery and stamping with lino cuts using acrylic paints. It has been a great learning experience for me and one that I have enjoyed when I've overcome my silly fears.

2 Comments:

  • so, how's it goign? if you don't get them done in time for Mitchell, there's always Quiltfest in Toowoomba...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 pm  

  • Jen, I'm rooting for you to finish them all by the 22nd. What an accomplishment that will be...things do happen in their own time. ;)

    By Blogger Karoda, at 1:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home