.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Sunday, February 26, 2006

An experimental collage


Today I have been working on some parts of what I hope will be a new piece of work for me. This involves acrylic on canvas, collaged with printed photos and collaged fabrics embroidered for lines. There is more to come on this piece but it has been an interesting journey thus far.

This tiny canvas is 6" x 6" which is a fraction of the size of the prospective piece. I'll be interested to hear any comments.

6 Comments:

  • This is just fantastic! I love all the different media and how you work them together -- especially the stitching! How creative!

    By Blogger Penny, at 1:10 am  

  • Love it. The mixture of media is stunning. I especially love the stitching.

    By Blogger Deborah Boschert, at 2:47 am  

  • I think this has real potential. I particularly like the effect the stitching has.

    By Blogger artmixter, at 4:17 am  

  • That is a wonderful collage. I love all the aspects and all the different materials!

    By Blogger Sue Seibert, at 8:46 am  

  • The stitching really lifts this piece and ties in all the elements into the visual story. I think it has great potential Jen.

    By Blogger Terri, at 10:54 am  

  • Beautiful piece Jen, very striking!

    By Blogger Claudia, at 8:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home