.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Friday, April 22, 2005

Thread texture


Detail 1 Posted by Hello

Here is a detail shot of some of the machine quilting that I've done on this quilt. I haven't tied in the threads yet but I quite like the texture of a mass of loose threads. It is not what I am looking for in this quilt but I am likely to keep this idea in mind for a future design. It is interesting to see how this is coming along. I don't do any planning before I begin quilting - just a quick thought of what might look good and then sit down at the machine and start. Often the quilting doesn't come to me until the fabric is actually under the machine.

I would like to acknowledge the inspiration for the dyeing of this fabric has come from Dijanne's wonderful work. It is directly due to her blog that I decided to try dyeing again after this long break and I am very excited at the result.

1 Comments:

  • Love the way you are continuing the pattern across the fabric with quilting stitches. Can't wait to see this one finished!

    By Blogger Terri, at 2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home