.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Sunday, July 24, 2005

A Big Wave Came...1


A Big Wave Came...1 Posted by Picasa

At last I am posting the project that has taken up all of this year. After the tsunami hit Asia on Boxing Day last I was horrified as were most people. I have found that one way of dealing with my feelings about the event was to journal and write my feelings, sketch and diarise the images that were memorable for me. There were so many and the reactions of many countries and their people found their way into my journal. From those images came these three quilts. They are meant to hang as a triptych but I cannot get the photos to load as they should so I hope that you can imagine them hanging. The quilts are numbered.

Above is the first quilt - a tropical paradise where people go to relax and get away to a world without worry.

It has lino cut printing, thread painting layering, lace made over soluble stabiliser and is machine embroidered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home