.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Monday, January 02, 2006

New major work


Sneak preview of new work Posted by Picasa

And finally here is a sneak preview of my next major work. I painted it a couple of days ago and then got myself waylaid with the book covers. I will not be able to do any more of this piece for a couple of weeks now but I am anxious to begin the quilting and it is now ready for that.

Tomorrow my eldest son Michael and I are off to Toowoomba for the McGregor Summer School. Michael is doing an acting class and I am doing Paint, Create and Stitch - machine embroidery which I am really looking forward to. I am amazed at how much gear we have managed to fit in the car. There is quite an extensive requirements list. Fortunately, Michael doesn't have any requirements for his class. There is a life drawing class some nights at Summer School so I will take the opportunity to go along to those and hopefully will build my drawing skills a little more. On other nights there are concerts and there is an artist in residence as well as all the classes.

My husband and other son are off to the farm and are planning all sorts of things to keep them occupied. And then some of us are going to the cricket in the middle of January. So, lots of exciting things to look forward to in the next few weeks. See you when I come home again.

2 Comments:

  • I will be interested to see what you do with this jenny.BTW Happy and safe New year to you and family and lots of creatvitity!

    By Blogger Dijanne Cevaal, at 8:26 pm  

  • wow is this beautiful

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home