.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm home again...


Still Life drawing Posted by Picasa

... after 2 fantastic weeks at the McGregor Summer School in Toowoomba. I have managed to unpack all my gear - more than I took with me since I went on a couple of small shopping ventures while I was away. This afternoon I sat down and set up a still life and sketched this jug, bananas and a bell in charcoal. I need to improve at drawing draped fabric a lot if this picture is any indication!

Over the next week or two I will post various pictures and information about the Summer School. The class I took was called 'Paint, Create and Stitch - Machine Embroidery' with tutor Carol Wilkes (see her work here) and was a very technical class. We didn't actually create any works but came home with a lot of samples which I have now put into a book for future reference.

Each night there was the opportunity to go to a life drawing class and I took that opportunity. In just 5 nights I am quite amazed at the improvement in my drawings. I'll post some of them as well, a little later on. And finally I loved the Japanese Garden near the Uni (of Southern Queensland, where the Summer School is held) and I will post photos and a drawing of the Garden as well.

It is good to be home again, and thank you to everyone who has left comments on my blog. It is very encouraging.

2 Comments:

  • I think your drawing is very complex. It would take me forever to do this. And I don't even know how to do the folds, so bravo!

    By Blogger Marilyn, at 12:15 am  

  • Wow, this is beautiful!

    By Blogger Teri, at 8:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home