.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Abstraction studies

Tonight I have had some fun abstracting the bottle tree I drew the other day - see my previous post. They are such an interestingly shaped tree, especially their trunks and hold lots of possibilities. For a long time I have considered their potential for a piece of textile work so started playing with some abstract shapes with that in mind.

I think that there are some possibilities in these ideas and I will look to developing the idea a little more when I have finished my university year. Only 5½ weeks of the semester to go and then 3 whole months to focus on artwork. You can see why I am looking forward to it.

6 Comments:

  • Very interesting, Jen. For sure, it's an odd looking tree, hardly believe it's a tree!

    By Blogger Donn, at 2:08 am  

  • It was very interesting to read about the bottle tree. I like your idea for a textile piece and think that the study in the upper right corner would very dynamic in this regard.

    By Blogger suzanne cabrera, at 10:55 am  

  • I like these a lot (and I love bottle trees).

    By Blogger Hashi, at 2:24 pm  

  • They all look interesting and visually stimulating. I agree with suzanne, the upper right corner looks very nice.

    By Blogger SimoneladybugKnits, at 1:59 am  

  • Love what you have done with this Jen, they look like lino cuts and would be great turned into textiles, doing soething like I did with Jae Maries would be interesting.

    By Blogger Penny, at 10:26 am  

  • Jen, I love these. They remind me of Margaret Preston, I hope that is a compliment. They have the same strength yet delicacy I see in her work. Can't wait to see what the textile piece will be.

    By Blogger gabrielle, at 5:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home