.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Monday, September 25, 2006

Tulip

Thank you to everyone who has made such positive comments on my watercolour exercises. I really appreciate it.

Today I have painted a small tulip and here it is .

For someone who has been terrified of watercolours for the past six years since I began making art, I am pleasantly surprised at how much I am enjoying doing these little paintings. This tulip is on cold press water colour paper using my Windsor Newton travel set.

Someone asked me about the piece I posted yesterday called Nostalgia. It is 3D mounted on canvas. It is made from acrylic painted canvas and fabric, silk paper, machine made cording and beads.

4 Comments:

  • LOVELY!!! GREAT color and shading in the watercolor!!!KEEP IT UP!

    By Blogger Lin, at 9:00 pm  

  • Hey Lin you stole my word...the tulip is lovely...so odd to think that it is spring down there in September.

    By Blogger Margaret McCarthy Hunt, at 11:09 pm  

  • I love your tulip painting -- great values in the pinks and you captured the roundness of the bloom. Really nice! Ah, spring ...
    :-)

    By Blogger Linda, at 7:55 am  

  • Glad you are having fun with watercolour, your tulip is just great.

    By Blogger Penny, at 8:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home