.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Sunday, May 21, 2006

My Weekly Post...


It seems that way lately. I am so tied down with university assignments and study at the moment with the last week bogged down with assignments that I have little interest in, I was able to pick up a pencil last night and sketch these pictures. I am doing some research for a new piece, well not new at all but an ongoing work that has been in my mind for quite some time. It involves a logged forest and here are some sketches that may or may not be incorporated into the new piece of work.

Drawn with 6B pencil - I really needed to draw!













Today I went to a workshop with our local art group. These workshops are held approximately monthly and we have tutors from all over the state and occasionally interstate as well.

Today we looked at composition and design and perspective. We worked on a small piece taken from one of our own photos that we could manipulate for composition.

Here is my thumbnail sketch (unfinished) for my picture. The scene is taken from a photo I took at the Sandringham Woodlands Walk in Norfolk England. The thumbnail is drawn in 8B pencil and I didn't alter the composition because I liked it as it is here.


And here is the almost finished pastel drawing. I still want to tidy up a few loose ends on this but it is coming along nicely. It is drawn with pastels and it is a long time since I have used pastels so I was very tentative at the beginning but gradually gained a little more confidence as I worked on with the drawing.

I need to do more with this medium. Oh for more time to pursue my art!!

5 Comments:

  • Very nlice pastel. It has a lot of depth and my eye was drawn to the light areas.

    By Blogger Deb Geyer, at 10:18 pm  

  • They're all lovely, but I really enjoyed the pastel work. It looked very rich!

    By Blogger Misa, at 2:08 am  

  • I think this is just lovely.

    By Blogger Shelly McC, at 6:42 am  

  • Yes, I love the depth in this one

    By Blogger Alison, at 9:40 am  

  • Nice work luv the colors it looks beautiful.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home