.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Sunday, April 16, 2006

EDM Challenge 44


Happy Easter everyone!

It is nice to have a little time on my hands and to be able to draw. Last night I drew a kookaburra that I was lucky enough to photograph in Noosa Woods several years ago. I couldn't believe that he would stay still for me to take the camera out and then click. I love the blue in their feathers but am not certain that I captured that in this drawing. It is drawn with pastel pencils.

I guess that this satisfies this week's challenge as well since I tried to use the coloured pencils and generally I stay within my comfort zone and use pencil to draw.

7 Comments:

  • Hello Jen,
    Excellent work on this bird portrait. Whatever you may think of all the little details (and you're probably tending to be a little hard on yourself, as most artists tend to be), I think you've captured all the essentials extremely well. I also like your choice of paper colour too.

    I've taken the opportunity to browse through the rest of your work on this blog & all I can say is that your "persistence pays". Sorry to sound like a schoolteacher writing a child's report card, but "Keep up the good work!".

    --
    Geoffrey Gaskell
    http://www.geoffreygaskell.co.nz
    http://www.ggaskellworks.blogspot.com
    "I am the long stare, not the quick glimpse." - Grahame Sydney

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 pm  

  • Beautiful work on this kookaburra, Jen. You have captured it so well. I am very pleased to Australian icons being posted to all our northern friends to see.

    Cheers,
    Robyn
    Scratches & Scribbles

    By Blogger Robyn, at 8:29 pm  

  • BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    By Blogger Lin, at 8:47 pm  

  • That's a lovely kooka, Jen! That blue flash is elusive and I think you captured it.

    I'm hoping the kookas were right and that it will rain tonight!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 pm  

  • Nicely done without being overworked. Great job!

    By Blogger melissa, at 10:12 pm  

  • What a lovely bird you painted! As a birder, I would love to see a kookburra in the wild. Since that is not likely, I love seeing your painting!

    By Blogger Sue Seibert, at 11:42 pm  

  • Beautiful bird and well done. Love the colors. Wish we had some pretty ones around where we live.

    By Blogger Donn, at 5:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home