.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A busy weekend...

drawing! Today a friend and I took the step of drawing in public. We went to Big Rig Park in Roma - it is probably the prettiest place in Roma and the only place with moving water and nice grass so we enjoyed it. There were lots of people coming and going to feed the ducks and geese but we both found it very difficult to draw quickly enough to capture either the people or the ducks and geese.

So, I took the opportunity to draw some grasses growing beside the duck pond...





I then focussed on this interesting table. It is a reasonably flat piece of rock placed on top of several vertical concrete uprights that form the table legs. Of course, the interest is in the rock surface and it's beautiful lines and colours. At a later date I plan to do a pen and wash to show the colours but for today, here is my pencil drawing.


Later I came home and started to work on my next essay for uni, but managed to get myself a little distracted and ended up continuing to relive my trip through Europe once more.

Today we are in Cornwall at St Michaels Mount near Marazion. This is one of the little cottages on the island. It is a bit rickety according to my rendition but I intend to claim that it gives it more character! I am really enjoying reliving this holiday.

4 Comments:

  • How have I missed your blog before, Jen. Not only a fellow Aussie but also a visitor to Cornwell. In the 5 times I have been there, I have never been out to St Michael's Mount, despite staying just up the coast at Porthleven. I will have to add you to my Bloglines list.

    Wonderful drawings - keep them coming.

    Cheers,
    Robyn
    Scratches & Scribbles

    By Blogger Robyn, at 7:58 pm  

  • WONDERFUL sketches ... each of them so finely detailed ... love the flat rock and the shading! Super job!

    By Blogger Lin, at 9:40 pm  

  • Those are really nice!!

    By Blogger Sue Seibert, at 6:26 am  

  • Jen, Wow I have actually been there and know what you are talking about! Loved the area around the big rig and you will see on my blog bottle trees
    Penny in South Australia

    By Blogger Penny, at 2:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home