.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Friday, August 11, 2006

A painting

I've been working on a new painting. As you will see, it is quite abstract and uses a number of techniques and different media.

The first photos show some washes painted in so I could cover over the white canvas.
Here is the next one with some darker areas being blocked in to create a little depth.


















More areas have been painted in as well as papers laid and stencils and stamping.
















And here is the latest version. I don't know yet if it is finished or if it needs more but I do like it and it has met many of my goals for this painting. Those were to paint an abstract painting and to use a variety of media and collage techniques. And the biggest goal of all - to do something!!

I would welcome your comments - is it finished? Is it missing anything? Does it work?

4 Comments:

  • Jen I am so glad you are back blogging. I think we were in Melbourne about a week before you(the picasso wasnt on until the end of the week we were there). I really like your abstract but has it a title? I wasnt too sure about the blue circle, but I love the surround. Looking at the early ones I wasnt sure if you were supposed to look at the cirlce from above, but now it appears to be straight on. I think a title would give me an idea of what you were trying to achieve. Hope that helps and doesnt devastate you.

    By Blogger Penny, at 8:19 pm  

  • Jen,
    I am not big on abstracts but I really like this one! I love the blue circle it reminds me of one of those rocks with a hole in it. The colors that you have choosen off set each other nicely.

    By Blogger Tami, at 11:29 pm  

  • Looks good. It's a treat to see (good) abstract work occasionally. Thanks.

    By Blogger Michael Emerald, at 1:41 am  

  • Excellent painting, striking!

    By Blogger Shelly McC, at 6:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home