.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Sunday, July 23, 2006

An unintended holiday from blogging...

But - now I am back. I've really missed blogging but have kept up reading many of my favourite blogs. Life has been a little crazy since I last updated this blog and still hasn't settled down but I hope that it will soon. I am feeling just marginally more in control than I have previously but still not as though my life is my own. That will come soon.

While away I have been busy with my second son's football -he has had a lot of representative duties that has almost taken over our life, I have completed two units at university, been to Melbourne for an art holiday (expect to hear and see a lot more about this) and have also tried to keep up with work, family and life in general.

I have still been drawing and while in Melbourne, joined that club that I resisted for so long. Yes, I am now a moleskine convert - aren't they fabulous. For so long I resisted but my sketchbook fits so well in my handbag and now I also take a tiny bottle of water and a brush as well as some selected watercolour pencils. It is filling rather quickly. I have even begun walking to work, taking my lunch and finding somewhere to draw while on my breaks! I have finally found a way to draw daily and not lose time for other things.

Anyway, here is a quick sketch that I did on the weekend, in my new moleskine sketchbook, with watercolour pencils. It is the wonderful old Roman bridge in Maastricht and I have journalled about it as well.

1 Comments:

  • Very nice! I like the colors and the reflections of the bridge in the water. Your watercolor pencils worked out fine.

    By Blogger Donn, at 5:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home