.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

3 Drawings

Another day, another painting/drawing. This is the first tiny artwork I made with my new travel water colour palette. It is a garden in front of an office block in Mary Street in Brisbane. It is painted on my moleskine sketchbook. It didn't take me long to go and buy a little watercolour sketchbook. Moleskines are great for pen and ink drawings but are not suited to watercolour.



One night I went to The Pancake Manor for dinner. It is situated in a lovely old building that was originally built as a church. I loved the ceiling and the heavy timber lights.



And finally ... every day when I have lunch at work I sit on the verandah of a three story building, looking out at the flat countryside that surrounds Roma. Usually I sit on one of these cane chairs and today was no different but I did draw another one of them.

4 Comments:

  • I really like your work. Thanks for posting the invite to visit on EDM. This chair especially calls to me. So much detail but I bet it was fun to draw!

    By Blogger Jana Bouc, at 12:35 am  

  • NICELY DONE!!!! And all those details on the chair back!! WOWZA!

    By Blogger Lin, at 10:45 pm  

  • Fantastic chair back brings back memories of Roma!

    By Blogger Penny, at 4:48 pm  

  • lovely detail

    By Blogger Alison, at 10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home