.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Sunday, December 31, 2006

I love it when I feel like stitching...


And today I did. This has been sitting on the workroom table for about a year now and I wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Today I just sat down and stitched what seemed to come naturally.


Here is the front of the book cover.

And below is the back.

The machine embroidery is basic but effective. I really love the Aussie motifs and plan to use them again in further designs and in different ways than the few that are shown here. More fun coming soon.

3 Comments:

  • I love those colours. The threads against the blue in the top picture really sing don't they? :o)

    By Blogger Rosalind, at 8:29 am  

  • This is great Jen, yes I need to get back to textiles, I am doing a 2 day school called silk sesations with Marilyn Lannan in Adelaide in a couple of weeks, I couldnt find anything else I liked the look of so although I have done silk before this gives me an incentive to do something.No rain, heat and winds, a worry.

    By Blogger Penny, at 12:37 pm  

  • Back and front cover are gorgeous! I love the design and the colours you have used.

    By Blogger Dianne, at 10:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home