.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Monday, October 23, 2006

At The Heide

While in Melbourne in July, my friend and I went to Heidelberg which was once home to Australia's most famous art school. The countryside was so beautiful and we wandered around the grounds for some time.

Even though Australia is a relatively young county, we do have our own artistic history. Significant Australian artists including Arthur Streeton, Tom Roberts and Frederick McCubbin were members. You can read more about Australian Art History by going to this site, or on this page of The Age newspaper.

I took some beautiful photos while I was there and here is one that I have drawn on Canson pastel paper in coloured pencil.

3 Comments:

  • SUPER JOB!! I LOVE YOUR FENCEPOSTS AND ALL THE COLORS YOU BROUGHT OUT IN THEM!!!!

    By Blogger Lin, at 8:25 pm  

  • Great fence posts Jen and isnt Heide wonderful.

    By Blogger Penny, at 8:41 pm  

  • nice rendering, great fence! your recent drawing of your dog captures such personality! Great job!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home