.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JensFootsteps

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Artwork and a tiny Bluey

In order to meet my goals as set in the list here, I have been working on the wearable art piece that I have been planning for at least 6 months. I've been experimenting with colours to see if the idea will work and here are two photos. I like the colours and they seem to work well together. I've also stitched 30 metres of cord on the machine which I thought would be a significant amount. Having completed this much and seeing it all together I now realise that I will need at least 100m so I have a long way to go.

I am not going to reveal too much of my idea at this stage. I will post small sections as it progresses. I have also set a goal that it is to be finished by 28 February so that it will not put me under too much pressure once university starts again as I plan to make uni a high priority once again this year. It is part of my long term goals and to meet those I will have to perform very well at uni.

And, finally today, we had a little visitor the other afternoon. Louis was going crazy about something. He has recognisable barks for people, cats, other dogs, kids, calling for attention, asking for food etc. This bark was different - it was his territorial bark which meant that something was invading and he couldn't get to it. My husband went to investigate and found that the invader was this little fellow. A baby blue tongue lizard. Had Louis been able to reach him he would have killed him easily - the bluey was only about 5 inches long so it was quite a young baby. We removed him and I took the opportunity to photograph him before we moved him into the neighbour's garden where Louis could not get to him. Even at this young age, you can see that he is quite aggressive.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home